Have you ever heard advertisers use phrases like “applewood smoked” or “woodfire grilled?” You probably have, and it’s because using cooking firewood is the best way to prepare delicious barbecue. Wood-fire cooking is also trending upward in America, but chefs at the best barbecue joints in the world have been using this method long before it was cool.
Cooking over a wood fire has a host of benefits, but they all boil down to two main attributes: heat and flavor. Wood fires burn hotter than fires fueled with gas or propane. This makes your meats juicier, more tender and overall more delicious. But the heat of the flame isn’t the only thing that influences the flavor of your meal; the essence of the fuel itself also makes its way into your food. When you cook with gas or propane, those harmful chemicals take up residence in whatever you’re cooking and eventually wind up in your stomach. Cooking over all-natural, kiln dried firewood, however, ensures your meal will be free from these unwanted additions.
Our cooking firewood products are divided into two main categories, cooking wood and smoking chunks. Cooking wood is ideal for grilling at high temperatures, whereas smoking chunks are made for the long, low and slow burn that is ideal for smoking. We also offer Pizza Cut firewood that is specially made for wood fired pizza ovens. From there, we offer a variety of wood species that are tailored to your specific cooking needs:
- Cherry: Cherry is a delightful wood to cook with and is always a crowd favorite. Cherry is a popular applewood substitute, and our smoking chunks are designed for high-performance grills and smokers.
- White Oak: White Oak is a staple for grilling and smoking. Having a stock of white oak cooking firewood on hand is always smart because savvy chefs frequently mix this wood with other cooking firewoods to create unforgettable culinary masterpieces.
- Oak: If you’re a first-timer at cooking with kiln dried firewood, Oak is the perfect option. Oak has a wonderful composition for smoking; it’s very easy to light and has a long burn time.
- Hickory: Few cooking firewoods bring out the flavor in your food like Hickory. It’s hot, consistent burn makes it easy to cook with, and meats of all cuts respond beautifully to the flame.
- Pecan: Barbecue enthusiasts always love using Pecan Smoking Chunks. Pecan is part of the Hickory family, so it has all the benefits of Hickory while providing a unique cooking experience of its own. Each Pecan Smoking Chunk is ideally sized to use in any smoker so you have the best barbecue in town.
Our cooking firewood products come pre-split and ready to use–and you don’t even have to leave your house to get them. We ship all boxed cooking wood products right to your door within 1 business day. Order today, get cooking tomorrow!